Passion!

Passion

By Carlos Zaldívar

Go for it. Just do it. Are not just slogans of famous sports companies. They are a new philosophy of the modern human being.

By the ending of this century competition and researches in all areas are increasing human resources. They´ve just passed the re-engineering season. They´ve just reached the innovation season and now they´re expecting for the new models of administration and living. The "american way of life" is old.

But there´s an element, old or new (it doesn´t matter) that rules all mankind in all areas of living: Passion. We have to live this life with Passion, with all our innerself energy, with love and at least once.

Passion means to yell, scream and cry of happiness or sadness. When we get this feelings we confirm our brain, heart and soul to Passion; to those things that caused it. So, if you don´t know or get those feelings, means that you´re not in passion for what you´re doing or liking. Perhaps you are a living cell inside of a bug.

I can´t write about passions of other people, friends or any person but me. Passions of all kinds. Passion for the Bayern München soccer team, for the New York Yankees baseball team, for the auto racing competitions, for the shuttles launched to space, for heavy metal and rock & roll music, for all the characters of Star Wars, for reading the newspapers every day, for the movies and specially going to the cinema, for shoping, for my friends and the house of rock & roll. And first of all, passion for my kids, passion for teaching and passion for the lady will I love.

Why? because every time I enjoy some topics of the above, I travel thru a tunnel of emotions, happiness and sadness. I can´t tell that I have passion for something if I don´t know these feelings, if I don´t cry of sadness of jump out of happiness. Simply as have passion for the life itself, passion for living it and enjoy it.

Isn´t valid to feel sorry about things you didn´t do. There´s just one way to do things right and fast, and is "doing them". After that you can feel sorry about what you did, meantime you can´t sit down to observe people behind you. Remember you are the one and the only. You´re the best and behind you there´s no one like you.

This simple lines are to explain passion as it is: unique and incredible. By the way I have another passion: to write stuff I like and stuff I doesn´t like.

Even God feels passion for me, otherwise He wouldn´t exist.

June 1999.

No comments: